Physical exercises improve muscle tone, help to lose weight, reduce the risk of colon cancer, osteoporosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, also accelerate the recovery of the body and improve your health and mood.
• Whatever you do, always keep the correct posture – it is your spine health guarantee.
• Do not hold your breath during physical exercise, always breathe in through the nose and exhale through the nose or mouth.
• Most important thing in physical activity is its regularity - exercise at least every other day.
• Every time before exercise evaluate your health condition: heart rate (HR) and blood pressure. To do this, use the formula: Heart reserve (HR) = 190 - age - resting heart rate, Training HR = heart rate in rest + 60 (70)% HR
• Exercises in the form of walking are recommended - 3-5 km per week at a pace of 95 step/min. This is the best prevention of ischemic heart disease.
• If you exercise on a treadmill, the initial speed should not be more than 3.5-4 km/h, training time should be about 10-15 minutes, and the angle of inclination should not be more than 3 degrees.
• The training load should increase gradually, starting with a minimum level when your heart rate has not yet reached the training values. Your pulse after the exercises should go back to the initial value in 5-7 minutes after you finish the training.
To compile a correct and safe training plan it is recommended to consult your doctor and / or a physical sport instructor.
After 1-3 weeks:
• walk a short distance (500 to 900m), gradually increasing the distance and pace of walking;
• read, draw, sew and solve crossword puzzles;
• carry light objects (up to 5 kg) for short distances, distributing the weight on both hands;
• be engaged in easy homework: setting the table, washing the dishes, helping in cooking, taking care of the plants;
• on the 3 week after the surgery you can do household chores and yard works, but take care to avoid stress and working with your hands above the head;
• accompany the others in short trips by car.
After 4-5 weeks:
• Increase the distance and walking speed to 1.5 km or more;
• renew the intimate life;
• return to work, if it is not associated with heavy physical labor.
After 6-7 weeks:
• work in the garden with a spade;
• go fishing and hunting medium-sized game;
• move lightweight furniture;
• drive the car for short distances with someone’s accompaniment.