1. These Rules determine the procedure for providing medical care to foreign citizens on the territory of the Russian Federation.
2. Medical assistance to foreign citizens temporarily staying (temporarily residing) or permanently residing in the Russian Federation is provided by medical and other organizations engaged in medical activities, regardless of their organizational and legal form, as well as by individual entrepreneurs engaged in medical activities (hereinafter referred to as medical organizations) .
3. Emergency medical assistance in case of sudden acute diseases, conditions, exacerbation of chronic diseases that pose a threat to the patient's life is provided to foreign citizens by medical organizations free of charge.
4. Foreign citizens who are insured persons in accordance with the Federal Law "On Compulsory Medical Insurance in the Russian Federation" are entitled to free medical care within the framework of compulsory medical insurance.
5. Emergency, including emergency specialized, medical care is provided to foreign citizens in case of diseases, accidents, injuries, poisoning and other conditions requiring urgent medical intervention.
Medical organizations of the state and municipal health care systems provide this medical care to foreign citizens free of charge.
6. Emergency medical care (with the exception of emergency, including emergency specialized medical care) and planned form is provided to foreign citizens in accordance with contracts for the provision of paid medical services or voluntary medical insurance contracts and (or) concluded in favor of foreign citizens specified in paragraph 4 of these Rules, contracts in the field of compulsory medical insurance.
7. Medical care in a planned form is provided subject to the submission by a foreign citizen of written guarantees of fulfillment of the obligation to pay the actual cost of medical services or prepayment for medical services based on the expected volume of these services (except for cases of medical care in accordance with paragraph 4 of these Rules), as well as the necessary medical documentation (extract from the medical history, data from clinical, radiological, laboratory and other studies), if any.
8. After the completion of the treatment of a foreign citizen, an extract from the medical documentation is sent to his address or to the address of a legal or natural person representing the interests of a foreign citizen, in agreement with the specified citizen, indicating the term for providing medical care in a medical organization, as well as the measures taken for prevention, diagnosis , treatment and medical rehabilitation.
Medical documentation sent from the Russian Federation to another state is completed in Russian.
9. Invoices for actually provided medical care within 10 days after the end of treatment are sent by a medical organization to a foreign citizen or a legal or natural person representing the interests of a foreign citizen, unless otherwise provided by the contract in accordance with which it was provided (for with the exception of cases of medical care in accordance with paragraph 4 of these Rules).
10. Disputes related to the provision of medical care or late payment of invoices for actually provided medical care are resolved in the manner prescribed by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
11. If an international treaty of the Russian Federation establishes a different procedure for the provision of medical care to foreign citizens, the rules of the international treaty shall apply.
DOWNLOAD REGULATION OF THE GOVERNMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION N 186 dated March 6, 2013 ON THE APPROVAL OF THE RULES FOR PROVIDING MEDICAL ASSISTANCE TO FOREIGN CITIZENS ON THE TERRITORY OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION.